Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cardboard love Part #2- mini CARDBOARD WREATHS by my kiddos

Our mini cardboard wreaths made from yarn, fabric and felt come and see...

Mini yarn and felt flowers wreaths
my girls did these all by themselves they took a bit of diligence but the end result was worth it!!








Here is a great tutorial for making felt flowers that my kids did with ease. 
Click on the link



What we did and used:
 *(thick) Cardboard for the mini wreath cut and prepared
*yarn  (I cut peices that were not to long so the girls could easily bring them back and forth)
*Felt and scissors to make the flowers
*Glue gun to glue on the flowers
*Ribbon for them to hang

These are their little wreath ornaments that they want to hand on the tree. :)


Oh and I decided to try my hand at it too...I used some of my fabric scraps and this is what I came up with.  
A sweet little scrap fabric wreath. I actually would like to make another one and pick some fun fall colors, wouldn't that be fun. Maybe next year. :) 

I just tied the scrap fabric around the cardboard 
pushed them tightly together 
and then trimmed the fabric when I was all done. 
 Looks more like spring then fall. :)

Fall is leaving us, as we begin to leave the chillness of autumn and enter the cold of winter.  I found a string of colored leaves the other day that made me so very happy. I love how Thanksgiving helps us to enter into the fun Holiday season of Christmas and helps me say goodbye to a fleeting Aututmn. :)


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, especially our dear family back in the States. We miss you and love you.

Wanting to practice a heart of gratitude and joy no matter the season or day...
In our west corner celebrating the Gods provision, care and closeness.  
Becky
ps. i am excited to open our Thanksgiving mailbox tomorrow..:) 


I HAVE LEARNED THE SECRET OF BEING CONTENT IN ANY AND EVERY SITUATION, WHETHER WELL FED OR HUNGRY, WHETHER LIVING IN PLENTY OR IN WANT. I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH." PHIL. 4:12,13

4 comments:

Mimi said...

These little wreaths really caught my eye at delicate CONSTRUCTION. They are so very special! And I love seeing your beautiful children's creations. A new follower here because I think you have such a charming blog in so many ways. So happy to have found your blog and looking forward to more inspiration :)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Thank you for linking this darling post to Fabulous Friday. I just love visiting your blog & reading your positive posts! These wreaths are almost as cute as the kids who made them. Thanks for warming my heart.

Amy said...

I'm behind in my blog reading and I just saw these cute little wreaths! They are so sweet!!! We'll be doing some for Christmas with the boys upcoming vacation days!!!

Creatively Content said...

Mimi, thank you for your thoughtful comment on our wreaths. The girls enjoyed them and were so proud of their accomplishments. So glad to have you following along!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...